Do you have a passion for leading and discipling young people? Are you enthusiastic about the Christian faith and want to help young people engage with the message of Jesus Christ and build Christian community? Is God calling you to join the St Barnabas staff team to lead the youth work of our parish?
St Barnabas is a lively Anglican Parish in Christchurch with a strong community focus and a wide range of groups and ministries. These include groups for children, youth, young adults, seniors, men and women as well as groups for those learning English, an after-school club, play group, mainly music and Messy Church. The parish has strong links with both Medbury School and Christchurch Boys’ High.
We are seeking to engage an experienced youth worker to join our team and carry forward our work with young people.
- an experienced youth worker who is looking for a fresh challenge?
- a committed Christian with proven leadership skills?
- a team player who loves working in and building teams?
Are you ready…
- to lead and help grow our existing youth ministry?
- to work with and empower an existing group of volunteer youth leaders?
- to develop these ministries to reach more young people in our community?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the Job Description and information about the parish.
Applications, which must include a CV, a response to the parish information of not more than two pages, and a statement about your faith and personal approach to ministry, are requested by Friday 22 May, 2020, and are to be sent to email@example.com. For an informal chat about the position please call Canon Mark Chamberlain on 0274327474 or for more information visit the parish website – www.stbarnabas.org.nz.